Module Title: Digital Marketing
Credit Level: 8
Prerequisite Modules: None
Timetabled Hours per Week
Independent Learning 4
This module will provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competencies to research, analyse and use the marketing tools and techniques that are available for digital marketing. From the web to mobile, email to apps, social media and user-generated content, the course will develop a strategic framework for planning, implementing and evaluating digital marketing strategies.
Module Learning Outcomes:
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the extent to which digital technologies offer benefits and challenges to consumers, businesses, marketers and society.
- Evaluate the various digital marketing channels and their appropriateness in different contexts.
- Assess the analytics tools used for measuring consumer behaviour.
- Develop a digital marketing strategy and implementation plan for an organisation.
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues surrounding digital media.
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Evolution of digital marketing
- The digital marketing environment
- Digital Marketing Strategy Development
- Digital marketing strategy
- Impact of digital media/technology on the marketing mix
- Relationship marketing using digital platforms
- Developing a digital marketing plan
- Digital Marketing Implementation
- Delivering the online customer experience
- Campaign planning for digital media
- Marketing communications using digital media channels
- Evaluation and improvement of digital channel performance
- Digital marketing Practice
- Business-to-consumer digital marketing
- Business-to-business digital marketing
- Ethical and legal issues
- Emerging technologies
|Learning Outcome||Addressed By|
Coursework may comprise a mix of assessment approaches, such as research papers, case studies, quizzes, group projects, presentations and the development of digital marketing plan.
|1||20%||Individual Report||Research and report on a topical digital marketing issue.|
|2||30%||Group Project||Working in groups of three, learners will develop, write and present a digital marketing plan for a company. OR
Google Online Marketing Challenge: Groups of three-run a live Adwords campaign for 3 weeks.
|3||50%||Exam||End of semester final exam.|
Paperback 26 Nov 2015
by Dave Chaffey (Author), Fiona Ellis-Chadwick (Author)